Saturday, December 6, 2008


Liana is very interested in bras. I know that this is an odd blog topic. But bear with me. There are two good Liana stories tucked in here. I promise.

When she and I go shopping, Liana likes to sit in her stroller and hold stuff. Diapers, crackers, whatever it is that I am buying. So when I was bra-shopping, it seemed perfectly normal to give her a bra to hold while I was looking for a second one in my size. I heard the salesclerk gasp, and I looked down, and she had proudly slipped her arms into the bra, and there she was… my two year old. Sporting a bra on the outside of her jacket. “The MY bra,” mommy, she proclaimed.
******************************************

Now I’m not the world’s best housekeeper. And last night when I got home from work, I slipped my bra off and tossed it on a chair. A few hours later, I was at the computer, the bra was still on the chair, and the cat was happily sitting on top of it. Liana was not pleased. She called me over, to show me that Sage was sitting on my bra. I told her it was ok. But she would have none of it. She pulled a bit on a strap, but she didn’t have a good angle, and he sat there, defiantly challenging her to do something about it.

“MOMMMMMY!!!!”

“Yes Liana?”

“Sage sit the mommy bra!!!” wagging her finger for emphasis.

“That’s ok honey.”

We went back and forth a few times, and I thought that she had given up. She wandered off to the kitchen, which usually means she is rearranging the alphabet refrigerator magnets holding up her artwork. I returned to the computer.

A minute later she came back out, and announced that Sage’s food dish was empty and that he needed food and agua. Ok. So I got up, and his dish was pretty low on dry food. I poured some more in his dish, and of course, the sound got him all excited and he dashed into the kitchen to inspect the quality of my work. As I was putting fresh water in the other dish, Liana came strutting into the kitchen triumphantly, with my bra in her hand.

“Sage no have the mommy bra now mommy.”

“Ummm. Thanks honey. Will you put that in the dirty laundry for mommy please?”

“Ok mommy!”

Now does this kid have exceptional problem solving skills, or what?