Wednesday, November 12, 2008


Ok. So I've got lots of catching up to do since I last blogged. I am not going to attempt to recreate the last nine months of Liana's life, but I'm going to have a few posts sharing some highlights. She is walking and running and climbing and dancing. She is talking and talking and talking, and every day new words come out of her that amaze me, and I am really in awe of her ongoing observations about the world around her.


Last night, for example, we were out running errands after work/daycare. The moon was full, and she was so excited, pointing and exclaiming "There it is!!! The moon! There it is!!!!" At a certain point she reached her arms up high, and tried to stand up in her stroller. She then sat down, defeated.


"No can reach mommy. Too high."


"Oh yes Liana. The moon is very very very high, and you can't reach it. But maybe some day, when you are a grown up, you can take a rocket ship to the moon. Maybe you'll be a scientist. Or maybe there will be hotels on the moon that you can visit. Maybe, some day, you will be able to reach the moon."


"Ok mommy."