Wednesday, November 12, 2008







I do have to tell you about Liana's first haircut. I kept putting it off and putting it off and trying to pull her hair up in a silly ponytail on top of her head. I had fantasies of long, flowing beautiful hair. But it got to the point at which her hair was really falling in her face, and she looked neglected. So I just did it.

We went to one of those silly uptown places that specialize in kid's haircuts, and I made a "first haircut" appointment.

When we walked in, we were instructed to pick out a video. We went for Dora. Liana was then seated in a chair that was really a racing car with a wheel to turn and buttons to press. A young woman blew bubbles at Liana, and another woman just started cutting as she squiggled around.

Liana enjoyed the whole process. Sadly, it seems that this is what she is now going to expect for future haircuts, so we are now stuck with this place. And aferwards, she got a lollypop... not something mommy allows very often. Or at all, actually. This was a first.
Glad I did it though. The cut is really cute.