Sunday, April 12, 2009


Things I’ve Learned in the Past 24 Hours

The beautiful parquet floors in my gracious pre-war apartment slope.

Eggs placed on sloping floors roll.

All little things that roll on the floor belong really to my cat, who likes to swat them with one paw, and then the other until they are very very far away from where they started out.

All of the above stated conditions have resulted in Liana’s ability to find 11 of the 12 hardboiled eggs that I hid last night. The last egg may never be found.

There is absolutely no way to “save” chocolate bunnies and chocolate lollypops for later.

Sugar buzzes lead to sugar crashes. Liana is very very calm right now.

NEVER NEVER NEVER go to the Museum of Natural History on a rainy day during spring break.

We are getting ready to go to Liana’s first live theater: Dora City of Lost Toys at Radio City Music Hall. I suspect that my learning for the day has not ended.